Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the pusheads that got away




So I've become a sneakerhead. I'm not one who really likes boxes and categories and to be honest, the name "sneakerhead" itself brings to mind underground hip-hop clubs and headwraps and powerband weilding oldschool evangelists... Not my type of scene at all.
The other day I was on ebay scouring the auction-scape for some kix and I find these pusheads. I like them immediately, not like jump for joy like them, but I go ahead and bid. I end up winning the auction for around $86.00... Feeling VERY satisfied and still high from the thrill of the bid, I go to pay using paypal... "This user cannot accept payments." It tells me!!


I was peeved to say the least. Yesterday I get in a heated bidding war over another pair and the price for these jumps to $150.00. Naturally I bail, because I really felt shorted because I had won them for $86.00 already. I end up losing that auction mostly because of a conflicting inner self.


If I can't get these for $86.00 or less, I may never try for them again. While they usually go for WAY higher, it's the principle of the deal you know? Alas... they may forever be to me, "the kix that got away"...

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Nifty said...

I feel partially responsible for your sneaker addiction. I wish you would have won those, but hey, you can't win them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home